Viewing: 1-5 of 5
TJ311

TJ311 - Aug 6, 2008 2:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Congrats...

...on your summit. Very impressive. I loved your trip report. Very exciting! How was the wind at the summit? Did it manage to die down a little?

skyward22

skyward22 - Aug 6, 2008 3:45 pm - Hasn't voted

thanks

Thanks a lot! I spent a lot of time and enjoyed writing it. What's interesting is that there was actually no wind during the climb after about the time the sun came up. So, pretty windless summit day as I recall. Does anybody happen to know what variation of the Hogsback this route is, based on our traverse left before the crevasses high on Hogsback ridge?

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Aug 6, 2008 4:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: thanks

You did the "Old Crater" route. It's the standard at the moment since the Hogsback is setting up too far west to make the Gates viable.

Congrats on your summit and a nice report.

Diggler

Diggler - Aug 12, 2008 6:17 pm - Voted 8/10

good start

Not bad for an out-of-shape East Coast boy. Now when are you coming out West for some climbing?? Nice TR & photos. Those volcanoes are somethin', huh?

RJones101st - Jan 6, 2010 4:40 pm - Hasn't voted

nice one

really enjoyed your report! i'm an east coaster also and thinking of climbing hood this summer. it will be my first "real" mountain, as well. got any more advice? your report was very helpful--congrats!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'A Hell Of A Way To Start' main page