A look at the North Face....

A look at the North Face....

A look at the North Face. Mostly visible here is the high angle slab that few souls climb. The lower angle slab is farther right left of the sunny rocks. The ledge leading right at center can be used to cut into the face halfway up (i.e., without having to descend to do the first 2-3 pitches). The ledge is Class 3 trending to Class 4 at the far end. Sept. 23, 2002.
Klenke
on Aug 18, 2004 7:35 pm
Image ID: 65734

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
rpc

rpc - Jul 26, 2005 5:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Can't believe...

..that I was the first one to vote on this shot (4* BTW).

Good beta!

hkutuk

hkutuk - Jul 26, 2005 6:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Can't believe...

Yeah I think this is the best way to go to bypass the lower part of the North Face which took us 4 pitches of climbing, 2 pitches of scrambling over heather benches and 1 easy slab pitch to get to the exit point of this ledge system in the picture. As of last weekend the ledge still had some exposed snow on it.

Klenke

Klenke - Jul 26, 2005 9:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Can't believe...

Do the steeper slab, Radek, and put a route page up for it.

Might be a little manky at the top (vegetated cracks).



Take a look at the pics of the face on this page. Pretty damn cool!

hkutuk

hkutuk - Jul 26, 2005 9:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Manky is an understatement

The steep slab (rated in CAG as 5.8) looked like a death trap from the summit with all cracks and non-cracks filled with serious green stuff , imho not worth the risk...

Viewing: 1-4 of 4