Viewing: 1-5 of 5
gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 5, 2011 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

A Tough Time

I remember this time period when you were struggling and the whole world seemed against you, especially NWH forums. But I never had any doubt about two things. 1) you were going to make it to the summit of Rainier and 2) you were going to learn from your mistakes and start making better decisions.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Mar 5, 2011 3:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A Tough Time

And I very much appreciate that Adam. You were one of the few who went on a trip with me even after all this. One of my best friends was moving away at the time, and my other friend who lived near by me was Sean which I let down. Much was learned from this, once I recovered months later I stayed true to the "never again" part.

KevinStumpf

KevinStumpf - Mar 29, 2011 7:25 am - Voted 10/10

HONESTY!

YOU DON'T KNOW ME, BUT THIS STORY IS AN HONEST REPRISENTATION OF WHAT OTHERS MAY BE AFRAID TO ADMIT! I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Mar 29, 2011 11:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: HONESTY!

Thanks Kevin! I tend to attempt to keep things in my trip report as honest as possible. No room for making myself "the hero" in trip reports, also when I admit my mistakes in my trip reports, I am hoping that others can avoid the same mistake as me. I did not fully describe how much Rainier meant to me, how much conflict that this trip created, and how miscommunication can make a mess out of friendships in the mountains. I said all the events, and tried not to have a bias story here, and it was a tough effort to make things right. I appreciate your comment!

KevinStumpf

KevinStumpf - Mar 31, 2011 6:51 am - Voted 10/10

Re: HONESTY!

Your welcome! I know exactly how you feel to a certain extent! Not to an extent like what you had experianced though.. Did you ever get to finish the climb up MT Rainier? When I was stationed in Korea, I planned a 4 day trip to Japan to climb MT. Fuji in the winter and got full permission from my unit.. (need permission for everything!) At the last minute my wife decided she wanted to come be with me in Korea and we needed the money for her move from the US! Unfortunatly, she never ended up coming to Korea cause I got orders to FT Campbell to Deploy with them to Afghanistan. ( where I am currently ) I really feel like I missed a once in a life time opportunity! Sometimes, it makes me angry that she changed her mind, cause all along I could have went.. (it was a solo trip) Anyways, I know how you feel in the disapointment of not accomplishing something...

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'A Reckoning Experience on Mount Rainier' main page