Viewing: 1-7 of 7
TiogaBradford

TiogaBradford - Sep 27, 2007 11:35 pm - Voted 10/10

This is....

my favorite story that you tell. I love your dramatization - it makes this enjoyable! After all, Colorado has mountain lions, Montana has grizzly bears, and Pennsylvania has.....porcupines!

tioga

tioga - Sep 28, 2007 12:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This is....

I like the story. Funny that no one else has voted on it. I thought someone might give it a 1/10 or something. Thanks for the vote. And hopefully I can write up some more trips in the future. Like the one about the hillbillies on the West Rim Trail.

TiogaBradford

TiogaBradford - Dec 18, 2007 1:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: This is....

Add this as a Trip Report to the Allegheny Plateau page.

mtnbnd

mtnbnd - Nov 4, 2009 1:20 pm - Voted 9/10

Porcupines

Those little critters are very common in Pennsylvania. I have had many close encounters with them.

Really only hikers with dogs need worry about them.

tioga

tioga - Nov 6, 2009 8:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Porcupines

They are very common. They were always one of the most common roadkill in the state. That was my closest encounter with one. I don't think I was ever in any real danger, but it is a little nerveracking to wake up with one on top of you. I hope you enjoyed the story.
-tioga

mtnbnd

mtnbnd - Nov 11, 2009 3:16 pm - Voted 9/10

Re: Re: Porcupines

I enjoyed the story very much!

Colinzeye

Colinzeye - Feb 26, 2014 10:54 am - Voted 8/10

Waddling pin cushion

Entertaining story...thanks for sharing. Perhaps Racahel and I can find a story of our own along the Black Forest hike we are planning for March.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'A Tale of Peril in the Outdoors' main page