Viewing: 1-7 of 7
SherpaKroto

SherpaKroto - Sep 2, 2005 6:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Excellent trip report! Hoping to make a go of this in early 2007.

Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey - Sep 6, 2005 6:33 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Really great trip report Haliku, very useful indeed. I'm heading there from Scotland at the end of October, hoping to solo Orizaba in the first days of November. From your report, it seems that the glacier won't be too scary for an unroped soloist...



You seem to know a lot about Orizaba....I wonder, do you know of any local outfit where I could hire ice axe and crampons? (I prefer to use my own boots): this would save me having to carry metalwork on the plane from Europe, and then all around Mexico for the weeks after my climb.



Another quick question: in Europe the blue re-sealable Camping Gaz cylinders are easy to get hold of. What are the fuel options in Mexico? Is it more liquid fuels like petrol and white gas?



Many thanks!



Dan

makers1

makers1 - Jan 19, 2008 12:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Trip Report Comment

Hey Dan
hope you made that trip last year to orizaba. if you did where you able to find an outfiter? i want to use my pocket rocket stove but it only runns off of screw on self sealing type cans. not the re-fill type like the international stoves. would real apreaciate your knowledge of fuel options in mexico if you got any.

thanks
stay up

PaulMatthews - Sep 26, 2005 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I really enjoyed reading your report. I'm currently organising a trip to Orizaba in November and getting quite excited now!!



I'm struggling to get hold of a 1:50,000 map for the area. Do you know where I could get one or if you can get them locally?



Cheers



Paul

RickF

RickF - Oct 20, 2005 8:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Great trip report, the information you posted has aroused my curiosity and now I will learn more about this great mountian.



-Rick

alexsuv

alexsuv - Dec 4, 2007 1:40 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks for the informative report

Thanks a lot for the post and your great responsiveness over e-mail!

Alex

makers1

makers1 - Jan 19, 2008 12:17 pm - Hasn't voted

fuel options?

hey bro could you tell me what you know about fuel options in mexico t

thanks
stay up

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'A Trip to Mexico to climb El Pico de Orizaba' main page