Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Nanuls

Nanuls - Jul 4, 2010 10:44 am - Voted 10/10

Ouch!

Glad you're okay Nigel and hope your hand heals up quickly. Next time, you aught to stick to our nice clean Welsh limestone rather than risking it on that horrible English choss ;)
Cheers
Dan

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - Jul 4, 2010 2:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ouch!

Diolch yn fawr, Dan.

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - Jul 4, 2010 4:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well...

Shark bite....Pay attention!!!

N

Charles

Charles - Jul 6, 2010 9:59 am - Voted 10/10

Indeed ouch!

I always ab with a short prussik attached to the rope below the ab. figure of 8 and to my harness. Extra saftey point.
Live and learn to fight another day.
Cheers
Charles
PS. Thanks for posting, it takes a certain amount of guts to admit one was wrong - we can all learn from that.

rpc

rpc - Jul 12, 2010 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

glad

to hear you're alright Nigel. Rapping scares the shit out of me (& I'd like to keep it that way as it keeps me more careful... I'd like to think!!) Cheers & take care.

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: glad

Cheers Radek. I'll be back on the rock this week, if it stays dry!!

N

baloodh2000

baloodh2000 - Jul 14, 2010 4:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Very Happy

to have you still with us! As Radek points out rapping scares the piss out of me too. Never feel amazing when trusting an EDK nor a double for that matter. Single points are even worse! Say where are we meeting for the pint?

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - Jul 16, 2010 4:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Happy

Hah! Happy to have a pint just about anywhere the beer is good!

N

mhedleyguy - Jul 16, 2010 1:15 am - Hasn't voted

Great to live and learn

Also, not to be a jerk. But i would add that you shouldn't climb with a ring on. Even if it is your wedding ring. I've read plenty of articles, posts etc and seen the photos of fingers ripped off from a fall where the ring catches on the hold and ...you can imagine the result. Your wife will understand.
Im sure she likes your fingers as much as you do.

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - Jul 16, 2010 4:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great to live and learn

Not sure why you think I wear my wedding ring to climb? The picture was taken in my back garden.

If you ever find my crumpled body at the bottom of the crag, you'll find my wedding ring tied into the string of my chalkbag!

Not sure if I understand your 'jerk'comment.

N

Charles

Charles - Jul 21, 2010 10:05 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great to live and learn

I leave mine at home - seems safer to me because I´m sure I´d loose it otherwise

Nanuls

Nanuls - Jul 21, 2010 12:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Great to live and learn

I was bouldering with a friend on the beach at Caerfai Bay a few weeks back. He took off his wedding ring and put it in his zip pocket. When we got back to the campsite his pocket was undone and the ring no where to be found. We rushed back to the beach to find the tide had come in and that the sea was now lapping at the cliff face. We searched fruitlessly for an hour before the tide threatened to cut us off and we were forced to give up. I even undressed to search the sea bed for this ring, the only time I’ve ever stripped for a man. Anyway, it turns out he’d left it in the car. His wife didn’t speak to him for the rest of the day. Pointless story I know, but I’m bored and have nothing better to do.

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - Jul 21, 2010 7:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great to live and learn

That's why I tie mine to me. I am still paranoid that I will drop it during the tie/untie process!

N

mvs

mvs - Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am - Hasn't voted

would be cool

You know, it would be cool to "attach" this page to the area where it happened. I always like to know about accidents that happened where I climb. I've got one of my own to write up now too :p...

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Accident Report' main page