Viewing: 1-9 of 9
snotsteep

snotsteep - Oct 1, 2012 1:00 am - Voted 10/10

Can't wait....

until its done!

PanamaRed

PanamaRed - Oct 1, 2012 1:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Can't wait....

Thanks!

Steve Gruhn - Oct 1, 2012 1:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Details

While the Aleutian Range is certainly worthy of a Summitpost page, you might pay attention to details so that this page would be valuable. Watch your spelling (Iliamna, Kontrashibuna, Alsworth, Ch'akajabena, etc.). You might also include the peaks within Katmai National Park, including peaks in the Barrier Range and the Kejulik Mountains; they're some of the more frequently climbed ones in the range.

While much of the range is relatively inaccessible, the Alaska Marine Highway (ferry service) does provide access to peaks near a few of the communities on the Alaska Peninsula - Cold Bay, King Cove, and Chignik.

PanamaRed

PanamaRed - Oct 5, 2012 8:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Details

Thanks for the input! I will definatly have to include all of that information. If you have any pictures of the range you would like to add to the page, or have more comments/corrections feel free to let me know!

Steve Gruhn - Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Details

The Barrier Range and Kejulik Mountains are accessed from Katmai National Park, not from Cold Bay, King Cove, or Chignik.

Also, check your spelling of Port Alsworth.

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Jan 1, 2013 2:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Very interesting

I never knew that the Aleutian Islands had such spectacular mountains. Nice work.

PanamaRed

PanamaRed - Jan 2, 2013 11:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very interesting

Thanks for the vote and comment! The Aleutian range is a pretty amazing range!

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 5, 2013 11:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Good job!

And you rounded up some great shots for the page.

PanamaRed

PanamaRed - Mar 7, 2013 12:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job!

Thanks! Hopefully people will add more mountain pages in the future! I would love to see a Mount Redoubt page with some 1st hand climbing beta!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Aleutian Range' main page