All 49 European Highpoints Climbed Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
jimorothy

jimorothy - Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am - Hasn't voted

"First?"

Well done. You came to a similar conclusion about the high points that we did after research. We completed Europe's High points in 2007, making Rachel the first known woman. However, we don't believe we were the first people, that honour would go to the dude known as Gingefullen, even though his list might have varied somewhat when he first did it in 1999 - he has since done some clearing up exercises and had new states finished around 2007 I think, there were also some Norwegians chasing them and also another British guy after Gingefullen. We have written the Europe's High Points guide, available to buy on October the 15th at various sites and stores including Amazon, so it might be of interest to you. Anyway, well done, I bet you had a hell of an adventure like we did.

Gerhard Tost

Gerhard Tost - Oct 28, 2016 3:31 pm - Hasn't voted

The youngest person

Michelle Amundsen (16) from Norway is as of today the youngest person climbing the European Highpoints.
(Rules: Country highpoint geographically in Europe).
Details and photos of all summits on:
http://www.micha.no/?page_id=145
Book of Carl and Rachel was inspiring, but lots of sections have to be updated afte all the years!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'All 49 European Highpoints Climbed' main page