Viewing: 1-3 of 3
ganesh70

ganesh70 - Aug 7, 2009 8:25 am - Voted 10/10

Nice!

It's great that somebody comes here from hungary to climb this wild and almost forgotten summits, I hope you liked the area!
About Zuc dal Bor, the climb of the summit tower ( or "the nipple" as we call it here ) is rated III+ exposed so you definitely need to belay and to rappel going down. I also want to climb it one day.

P.S. Good idea travelling with three girls!!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Aug 7, 2009 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Enjoyed reading!

Thanks for posting this fine report! Yes, the path over Vaca saddle is a bit hidden, you did the same as Jasmina and I did - passed by, ha, ha. But I'm surprised that the eastern path is so hard. Would be fine if somebody did that tour and described it. I hope you don't mind if I attach this report also to my Chiavals page.
Cheers!
Vid

saman

saman - Aug 7, 2009 4:07 pm - Hasn't voted

thanks

I liked this area very much and now it is obvious that I will have to return. That's a problem: the more mountains I see, the more places there are to visit again. I should have stayed at home at the very beginning:)

About the eastern path: I'm sure it is passable for experienced hikers - especially who gained their experience in areas like this. But this time I had two novices. Luckily, they are learning fast, so maybe next time...

cheers,
Matyas

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Alpi Carniche - July, 2009 - Part I - Chiavals and Zuc dal Bôr' main page