An early geologic map of Maja Jezerce was designed by the hungarian Roth v. Telegd in 1918 when the Ministry of Arms of the austro-hungarian empire sent military mappers in its new won (if only shortly) territories ot the Balkans.
The map captures several glaciers (firnferlder). Most prominent those from the Gropa Jezerce and to the southwest side of Maja Jezerce towards cafa Jezerce. Those glaciers do not exist any more but were visible in the 19 th and early 20 th century. Those glaciers have been reported by Telged to be 1 km X 0,5 km.