Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jan 21, 2008 12:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Isn't this a "route" page?

There exists the mountain page of Angour. This seems to be more like a nice route page. Why not changing the type of object and why not attaching it to the page of Angour? Maybe you'd try to ask maintainer of the Angour page for editing rights. Or try to ask elves on forum for editing rights for the page. Cheers Tomas :)

MattHC

MattHC - Jan 24, 2008 6:09 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Hi Tomas - I reckon the elves are the best bet, it was hard to know whether to post it as a route or mountain. There are lots of routes up the north face, so in the end I went for this one. However, if the elves thinks it in the wrong place 'it can be moved'! I will try and post some routes for the north face as well.

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

OK, although there may exist more routes through Angour north face, I have a decent solution in my mind for this situation. Attach your Angour north face page as a page (mountain/rock) child of Angour page (made by salimr) - it will be clear, that your rock/mountain page of north face is a satellite object of the Angour. That is not good to have two non related pages of Angour. At least attach the first Angour page to yours as a related ans ask salimr for doing the same.

Anyhow, the best would be to contact salimr for editing rights for you and incorporate your text into main page of Angour - it is a perfect way to maintain pages in cooperation. I made some pages in such a cooperation. It depends on the ability of the two to cooperate, but it mostly functions well. Unless salimr answers, you may ask elves for editing rights. Try some of these hints! Until this is done, my vote for the page will be disappeared. Contact me then to see brand new page of Angour! Cheers Tomas :)

MattHC

MattHC - Feb 19, 2008 5:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Well I have contacted the elves in end, they said you were correct and have helped me to attach it as a child to the main Angour page. We're getting there ....

Matt

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Feb 20, 2008 2:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

Thank you for contacting me - I'm glad there's more info about Angour contentrated together. Now I gave my 10 points vote. I will be glad to see enrichments of both Angour and Angour north face pages! Cheers Tomas :)

MattHC

MattHC - Feb 3, 2008 12:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Contact

I have contacted Salim today - so we will see what he says. Thanks, Matt

Copy:
Hi Salim. Good to see there are some enthusiastic Moroccan mountaineers out there like you. I am relatively new to the summitpost forum, but I have been mountaineering in Morocco for 18 years now. I have created an Angour north face page, however, it does not fit very well with the overall ethos of summitpost, as it would be better for all the information to be together. It has been suggested to me that it would be best to either incorporate my text into your page, or for you to give me the editing rights to the Angour page if you no longer want to update it. Please let me know you thoughts.

Thanks, Matt Low

ChristianRodriguez

ChristianRodriguez - Oct 17, 2008 7:31 pm - Voted 9/10

HI Matt

I am interested on this mountains... can you tell me, if is possible to get there by public transportation?

MattHC

MattHC - Oct 23, 2008 1:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: HI Matt

Hi Christian, yes it is possible to get there by public transport - but you have to hire a whole taxi. So go in a group! Also have to tell him to hang around until you're back if you want to do it in just the day. Might be cheaper to hire a car for the day ...

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Angour North Face' main page