Annaleiserabinek on the cold...

Annaleiserabinek on the cold...

Annaleiserabinek on the cold windy summit of Strawberry Mtn. October 12, 2003
Cornvallis
on Oct 14, 2003 1:13 am
Image ID: 30698

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Dean

Dean - Oct 14, 2003 1:18 am - Voted 10/10

Very pretty

And so is the summit. Hey, guys, this is a great little mountain (over 9000 feet to boot) and your pics are superb (as always) Glad to hear you can do the car thing now but it is easier for a guy my height than for a guy 6'4". Good job on this one.

annaleiserabinek

annaleiserabinek - Oct 14, 2003 10:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very pretty

Dean, your compliments are starting to make Tom look bad. :-) Thank you so much. This trip was a great one for us. We had such a good time. The scenery was absolutely amazing. Already, I can't wait to do it again.

Dean

Dean - Oct 14, 2003 10:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very pretty

I think you guys are awesome together and your passion for the mountains is so great to see. BTW, there is a lot more snow on this mountain than when I was on it on July 3rd. Great peak.

Cornvallis

Cornvallis - Oct 15, 2003 1:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very pretty

Thanks Dean, we definitely enjoy ourselves. We are both really looking forward to joining up with you again. Yeah just a bit more snow, we could have actually used that ice ax on your pack! You were right about Strawberry, amazing place. The north route up past Strawberry Lake and falls was beautiful! Did you enjoy the weather this weekend too?

annaleiserabinek

annaleiserabinek - Oct 15, 2003 11:56 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Very pretty

I'd love to see the mountain w/out the snow. But it was so incredibly beautiful with it, I don't know if it would take away from the serenity I felt on it this trip.



Have you been down the Onion Creek trail, Dean? Do you have any pictures of the fire devastation? Do you have any pics of forest fires and their aftermath? I'm doing a huge project for one of my classes on forest fires, forest management, and Bush's "common sense" Healthy Forest Initiative, etc. I need pics! Would Bob mind if I used his pic on summitpost with the fireweed on Strawberry mountain?



Thanks for your help in advance.



Shelby

Dean

Dean - Oct 15, 2003 9:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very pretty

I was in the Enchantment area above Leavenworth and while we had nice weather on friday, we had to bail out due to high winds and snow early saturday morning. It was at least good conditioning.....

Dean

Dean - Oct 15, 2003 9:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very pretty

The trail I came in on was from the south side of the mountain, from the Roads End TH. I do have some pics of the burned area on that side of the mountain and I'll try and dig them up. I dont' think Bob would mind but he injured his calf muscle pretty bad last night and will be laid up for awhile. A real bummer.

Dean

Dean - Oct 16, 2003 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very pretty

I've posted two pics showing effects of the fire on the south side of Strawberry mountain. Let me know if you need higher res pics.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8