Argentine Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 52
BKiser90

BKiser90 - Sep 11, 2022 5:14 pm Date Climbed: Sep 11, 2022

Edwards/Argentine  Sucess!

Edwards and Argentine from Argentine Pass TH. Beautiful late summer day with clear skies and temps in the 50s. Leaves barely changing on the bushes. Met a CDT thru hiker on the summit of Edwards. Also a fellow grad of Utah State! Go Aggies! Moved slow today because I had the COVID booster shot two days prior and was still feeling some body aches. Fun ridge, great views!

JesseSumrak

JesseSumrak - Jul 31, 2021 12:03 pm Date Climbed: Jul 30, 2021

Edwards, McClellan, Argentine, Wilcox Linkup  Sucess!

Rough 4WD road up to the Mine in the dark, but not hiccups along the way. Got a quick start up the mountain to Edwards, then stuck, close to the ridgeline to get McClellan. No easy path back to Edwards, so I cut across the basin towards a glacier and made way up the south side of that to rejoin the "trail" back to the saddle between Edwards and Argentine. Followed some mountain goats up to Argentine (though, the path they chose to follow was harder than mine). From there, the cloud were looking a little scary, but weather reports told me I had a few more hours. I picked up the pace and crossed the gap over to Wilcox. Stick close to the ridgeline—there's remnants of a social trail there that will protect your ankles a bit more and protect the tundra. Summitted Wilcox and booked it back to the saddle to then follow a social trail down into the basin. However, the trail disappeared and I had to bushwhack back to the road to follow it back to the mine. If using my GPS to do the same, I recommend almost always sticking to the ridgeline between these mountains. Whenever I strayed away, I found myself coming back.

Woodie Hopper

Woodie Hopper - Sep 6, 2020 10:21 pm Date Climbed: Sep 6, 2020

From Wilcox Mine with Mount Wilcox  Sucess!

Hiked from the Wilcox mine with our boys and dogs. They bailed not too far from the summit (windy, they could have made it but I didn't push them). Met a goat family on the summit. Headed over to Mount Wilcox next.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jun 13, 2020 9:42 pm Date Climbed: Jun 12, 2020

with Edwards  Sucess!

nice hike, solitude.

boisedoc

boisedoc - Jul 10, 2017 1:29 am Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2017

from Mt Edwards  Sucess!

decided to add this on as I had time after climbing Edwards. Pretty nondescript mountain overall. some nice tundra flowers along the ridge.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Jun 20, 2016 10:42 am Date Climbed: Jun 12, 2016

With Square Top  Sucess!

Climbed with Rachael, left the trail early and went straight up to avoid crossing some sketchy snow filled gullies. Traversed over to Square Top. Second time up.

rmjwinters

rmjwinters - Jun 29, 2014 5:43 pm Date Climbed: Jun 29, 2014

From Stevens Gulch  Sucess!

From Stevens Gulch TH, up Edwards and out and back to Argentine. Crazy winds.

telemarkdude

telemarkdude - Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2014

With Wilcox  Sucess!

Very windy. Did this with Mt Wilcox.

Peakbug

Peakbug - Jul 7, 2013 6:25 pm Date Climbed: Jun 23, 2013

Argentine #31  Sucess!

With Edwards and McClellan.

rkymtn

rkymtn - Jun 23, 2013 11:31 pm Date Climbed: Jun 23, 2013

Waldorf Mine  Sucess!

Climbed with my wife. The weather was good and the views were great. We headed over to Edwards and McClellan afterwards to round out the day.

fox045

fox045 - Dec 3, 2012 10:43 pm Date Climbed: Nov 26, 2012

Big Day  Sucess!

From winter road closure. Square Top, Argentine, and Wilcox. Cold

Berger

Berger - Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm Date Climbed: Nov 26, 2012

From the winter closure  Sucess!

With Rhett. Started at the road closure, summited Square Top, Argentine and Wilcox. We finished coming down the Silver Dollar Lake Rd. Made for a nice cirque.

milan - Oct 24, 2012 4:56 pm Date Climbed: Apr 21, 2012

A lot of snow  Sucess!

This was a great trip. Started at Naylor Lake, hiked up to the ridge to the Squaretop, Argentine, then continued a very loong ridge to Edwards, went back to Argentine and finished on Wilcox. It got dark when I got back to the forest around Naylor Lake and there was mess of fallen trees and deep snow. Lots of postholing!! There was a very strong gusty wind on the summit of Square top that I could not stand, I'd say about 50 - 70 mph. It got better later.

nickkarl

nickkarl - Sep 30, 2012 8:17 pm Date Climbed: Sep 29, 2012

From Waldorf Mine  Sucess!

Nice hike from the Waldorf Mine. Views were great in all directions.

km_donovan

km_donovan - Aug 20, 2012 5:35 pm Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2012

Via Square Top  Sucess!

Nice day out. No crowds

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Jul 15, 2012 7:50 pm Date Climbed: Jul 15, 2012

Nice!  Sucess!

With Wilcox.

Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Apr 29, 2012 8:33 pm Date Climbed: Apr 29, 2011

Nice loop  Sucess!

Hike Argentine Peak from Wilcox, nice and easy hike.

DerekFreed

DerekFreed - Mar 30, 2012 6:15 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2008

with Wilcox  Sucess!

Hiked Argentine and Wilcox from Silver Dollar Trailhead. Steady, light misty rain all morning. Pleasant stroll.

theREALCarpeDM

theREALCarpeDM - Mar 24, 2012 11:25 pm Date Climbed: Mar 24, 2012

Wilcox-Argentine-Square Top loop  Sucess!

Looped these three from the Guanella closure. Went with Mike Smith, Mark Wilson, and Okie.

thatnissanguy

thatnissanguy - Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm Date Climbed: Oct 9, 2011

Gondwanaland  Sucess!

Climbed as part of a "Gondwanaland" attempt from Square Top Mountain. Snow conditions slowed us down and we bailed after Mount Edwards.

Viewing: 1-20 of 52
Return to 'Argentine Peak' main page