Armorican One Armed Bandit

Armorican One Armed Bandit

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 51.86996°N / 5.25225°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 23, 2017
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer

Armorican One Armed Bandit

Warmest greeting Summit Posteers on cold damp day in the UK! 

Here is a Xmas offering and a wee video about my friend Andrew Walker. Andrew is a gnarly "old school" climber with loads of bonkers tales to tell of a life less ordinary and has done oodles of big, serious routes over decades of climbing. Unfortunately Andrew had a very serious and life changing accident about 10 years ago. However he is not a man to be easily deterred and after a couple of years in a wheelchair and a very lengthy rehabilitation, he returned to climbing and can bust some moves up to a pretty amazing standard with some inspiring ninja skills!

We decided that the 3* VS super-classic Armorican at the delightful and photogenic Craig Caerfai near St Davids in North Pembroke would be an ideal route for Andrew to have a go at. Apart from being the crag classic, we thought Armorican would provide him with a pretty darn tough but hopefully attainable challenge. And did Andrew manage to climb the route I hear you ask? Well have a look at the following vid featuring his life affirming story, some aerial footage and devilishly dynamic dyno's to find out!



All constructive feedback welcome, please feel free to share to your Facebook friends and hopefully it will brighten up your tea or lunch break with a drink and mince pie! :-)

Merry Xmas and wishing you all a healthy and rocking 2018!

Dave




Comments

No comments posted yet.