Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Sep 29, 2010 3:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratulations!

It must be an awesome feeling to climb what no one else seems to have before.

kamil

kamil - Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Congratulations!

Thanks, Bob! Yeah, the whole climb was kinda beyond the ordinary, if I was a cat I would've used up 3 lives on it. I've got the TR almost ready.
cheers,
Kamil

rkgaia - Oct 9, 2010 12:48 pm - Hasn't voted

hi thanks!!

hello,
i stay in grabja valley this september and i use your information for crose the forest... we stay with some sheepers, curiously they use the mountains like one ampitheater and their song very beautiful songs...
we climb the west ridge of maja vukocs, but in the summit we found a little bottle with a note that sis that the mountain is maja fortit first ascend by serbian n august of 2006, increible!!!
probably the next year we go again , maybe in may, when the snow cover the couloirs...a new climbs hope there...
prokletije, a little paradise lost in the balkans...
sorry for my poor enghlish
good luck

kamil

kamil - Oct 9, 2010 2:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: hi thanks!!

Hey! Good that you found the info useful and congrats on climbing Vukoces! That's interesting about the shepherds singing, I've been there so many times and never heard it.
I know about the Slovenian and Montenegrin ascents of Vukoces in 2006 and 2008. I think they were both wrong with the name, Slovenians thought it was Maja Koprishtit and Montenegrins called it Maja Fortit but I'm quite sure it's Maja Vukoces. Maja Fortit is another peak neighbouring Vukoces, it was first climbed by Serbs in 2009.
Here is the report and photos of the Montenegrins from 2008 and here is the Slovenian report from 2006. Unfortunately they are in Serbian and Slovenian.
Here on the main page of Maja Lagojvet I wrote a paragraph telling which mountain is which in my opinion.
My Polish friends also climbed Maja Vukoces this summer via a new route from Ropojana valley.
Cheers,
Kamil

Nanuls

Nanuls - Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

Congrats to you and Meba on the FA, Kamil. Look forward to seeing that TR. Cheers, Dan

kamil

kamil - Oct 12, 2010 2:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks a lot, Dan! I'll post it very soon when I get settled a bit in the new job :)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Balkans Peace Park' main page