Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Alan Arnette

Alan Arnette - Jul 25, 2008 9:27 am - Voted 10/10

Safe!

It was a fun climb and you guys looked in great shape with those gloves. I think you are ready for the Rockies ... umm Indians!

shanrickv

shanrickv - Jul 25, 2008 11:00 am - Hasn't voted

SCREW THE ROCKIES!!!

We are Buckeyes from Cleveland!
Go Tribe (in 2009) and Go Ohio!
Climb On!
Patrick
PS The Browns are going to crush your Broncos this year:)

Alan Arnette

Alan Arnette - Jul 25, 2008 11:03 am - Voted 10/10

Re: SCREW THE ROCKIES!!!

Hmmm, must be the altitude ....

rleclair

rleclair - Jul 25, 2008 10:32 pm - Voted 10/10

RE: Safe

Excellent TR for Uncompahgre - catches the gist of what I'm sure we are feeling on that trip. Perfect day, conditions, and a game of catch - doesn't get much better!

PS - Go Broncos - Crush the Browns! ;-)

shanrickv

shanrickv - Jul 26, 2008 8:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: RE: Safe

Mark your calendar: Thursday, Nov. 6 in Cleveland. The Broncos are going to be like a bunch of poodles in the DAWG POUND!!!
GO BROWNS!!!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 26, 2008 11:05 am - Voted 10/10

Good story

I look forward to when my kids are old enough for us to really appreciate the mountains together. I'm more of a football fan, though, so maybe we'll haul a pigskin along. And you did pick a good 14er summit for that; Longs is nice and big, too, but Wetterhorn might not work so well.

I wonder if the guy planning to hit golf balls is the same one who wrote in the Wheeler Peak, NM, summit register about doing so back in 2004. Honestly, I have to say that really ticks me off, leaving his trash behind on the mountain, not to mention the very small chance that he might hit someone on one of the other approach routes. Maybe he's one of those ATV guys parked on the tundra along the Alpine Loop and smoking his cigarettes.

Oh well-- end of rant.

Again, nice story, and thanks for sharing.

shanrickv

shanrickv - Jul 26, 2008 2:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good story

Hi Bob,
Don't worry about the rant. It is justified. I thought about marmots choking on golf balls down in the basin after the fact. There were two morons on a ATV above Matterhorn Creek who just ignored the "No Motorized Vehicles" sign. The cool thing was that they got chewed out by a woman who was 6 months pregnant and just climbed Wetterhorn. Never mess with a pregnant woman.
Bob, Climb On!
Patrick

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Baseball on Uncompahgre: Mountain of Dreams' main page