Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jul 27, 2008 11:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Very enjoyable page...

Both photos and writing are a pleasure to browse through!

(A couple typos in second paragraph:

"...Beartooth Butte consists mostly of Paeleozoic [Paleozoic] sediments..."

"The high Beartooth Plateau, one of the country's largest contiguous areas of alpine tundra (vying with parts of Wyoming's High Uintas and Colorado's Weminuche Wilderness)..." I think you mean "Utah's High Uintas," rather than Wyoming.)

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 27, 2008 11:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very enjoyable page...

Thanks, Vernon! Two words: wine and more wine (wait-- that's three or four-- okay, refill the glass and get the heck off the site...)

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Aug 5, 2008 10:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for Great Page

It does seem like an Absaroka summit. It was a nice little climb after nearly three weeks of long, hard days almost every day. Thank you for your kind comments.

inetcarp

inetcarp - Jun 9, 2009 9:38 pm - Voted 9/10

Big Grizz

We did the Beartooth Butte in early August 2008. We drove to the lookout and hiked from there to the tip. We were warned that a bear was sited in the valley by the caretaker, and while we didnt see it on the way out, one of the guys in our party took the "short cut" down through the valley and came right up on "Big Grizz". The folks at the lookout had a spotting scope on the bear and saw the whole scene unfold as "Lou" was headed toward the bear without knowing it. Lou and "Big Grizz" spotted each other at 90ft. The Grizzly bolted away from Lou and headed down the valley, thank goodness. My buddy Eric and I stayed on the high trail and Lou came up to meet us for the "entertaining" walk back to the Lookout and the folks that had gathered. The mountain views from Beartooth Butte on a clear day are as good as they come.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Beartooth Butte' main page