Viewing: 1-4 of 4
MrWasatch

MrWasatch - Jul 25, 2007 11:54 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

Very nice trip report and pictures... your descriptions and emotions remind me so much of my first climb of Twin Peaks. I was going solo up Broads and about to chicken out just below the saddle when another more experienced pair of guys came up and led the way. Try Robinson Variation next time, more exposure but much better rock and avoids the nasty talus climbing. You'll also love the view of Twins once you reach Robinson ridge and climb the first little sub-peak in the way.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Jul 25, 2007 2:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

Thanks MrWasatch. The Wasatch really do have some amazing peaks.
The scrambling on the Robinson Variation looks pretty fun, so I'll definitely go that way next time.

Matthew Van Horn

Matthew Van Horn - Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Do I concur? I concur.

Bunch of good photos Brandon, and good account of your hike/scramble/suffering/success. I went up that scree slope just after the first snow a few Octobers back, and I know how it is. I was taking five steps and stopping to rest. We were so determined to get to the summit that we just kept putting one foot in front of the other and got on top. Be sure to go Robinson next time. Let me know when you plan another suffer-fest and I will go with you.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Jul 30, 2007 2:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Do I concur? I concur.

Thanks for the nice comments, Matt. Suffer-fests are definitely more memorable and rewarding than simple, easy hikes. I'll let you know when I'm ready for another one.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Beating the Heat - Broads Fork' main page