Best Via Ferrata in the Dolomites

Best Via Ferrata in the Dolomites

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Via Ferrata

The via ferratas in the Dolomites give te chance to reach evocative peaks offering incredible experiences, and priceless emotions before absolutely unforgettable landscapes

The peaks of the Dolomites -Unesco World’s Heritage Site- are one of the most amazing and enchanting shows that the world can offer. Elegant and majestic mountains, unique in the planet. When you watch them from the valleys the dolomitic peaks seem absolutely unreachable. Not by chance, to describe the endeavors of those who have reached them we use adjectives like "epic", "legendary" or "incredible".

The mountain hikers would think that their destiny is to only watch the marvelous and majestic dolomitic peaks. Actually, a fantastic tool gives the mountain enthusiasts as well the chance to live those experiences: the via ferratas.

The via ferratas are equipped paths that allow also not particularly expert hikers to reach peaks that -otherwise- could be reached only by experienced climbers. Thanks to the metal wires, suspended bridges, ladders, boardwalks and gangways, rods and other anchors the hikers can face spectacular paths and incredibly beautiful and evocative environments, crossing narrow clefts and steep couloirs, overcoming majestic walls and dominating vertiginous cliffs.

The via ferratas must be faced with the correct equipment (helmet, climbing harness and via ferrata kit) and, specially for non-experienced hikers, under the supervision of a mountain guide.

Climbing through a via ferrata in the Dolomites is a fantastic opportunity for the mountain lovers; perfect for adults, kids and families, the via ferrata can be considered a great activity between a mountain excursion and a real mountaineering climb.

The choice of via ferrata in the Dolomites is really inexhaustible; every mountainous range offers many spectacular via ferrata; here are 7 of the most beautiful:

Via Ferrata Olivieri to Punta Anna in Tofana di Mezzo - Cortina d'Ampezzo

Via ferrata Olivieri to Punta Anna is one of the most popular and beautiful of the Dolomites because of the itinerary's total exposure and for the featured technical and vertical sections. The climb mostly follows the southeast buttress of Punta Anna and the spur of the Tofana di Mezzo, up to its summit at 2731 meters, where we enjoy a spectacular and unique view.

Via Ferrata Brigata Tridentina in the Sella Massif - Corvara in Badia

The via ferrata Brigata Tridentina, also known as Pisciadù, is one of the most renowned in the Dolomites. Wrapped in a wonderful alpine landscape, it brings us from Passo Gardena to Mount Torre Exner in the Sella Massif and to Rifugio Cavazza al Pisciadù.

Via Ferrata De Luca-Innerkofler to Mount Paterno - Sexten

The via ferrata De Luca-Innerkofler to Mount Paterno is a marvelous itinerary within the evocative and spectacular Dolomiti di Sesto Range, in front of the majestic north walls of Tre Cime di Lavaredo. It offers an amazing and interesting experience on a path stretching through old war trails and it develops within an environment of peerless beauty.

Via Ferrata delle Bocchette in the Brenta Group - Madonna di Campiglio

Via ferrata delle Bocchette is probably the most renowned among the high altitude routes in the Dolomites. It is a system of several via ferrata in Madonna di Campiglio; a group of equipped trails developing through the whole Mount Brenta Range in the Brenta Dolomites and crossing thin, sharp and scenic aerial ledges that offer evocative and unforgettable views with marvelous gazes on the summits of Mounts Presanella and Adamello.

Via Ferrata degli Alleghesi to Mount Civetta - Val di Zoldo

The via ferrata degli Alleghesi to Mount Civetta offers a thrilling alpine experience through one of the longest and most spectacular itineraries in the Dolomites. The route reaches the summit of Mount Civetta, at an elevation of 3220 meters, climbing up the east side of the mountain and the north ridge; a greatly rewarding path. From the summit the view is incredibly beautiful stretching on all the Dolomiti.

West Ridge Via Ferrata to Punta Penia in Marmolada - Rocca Pietore

The West Ridge via ferrata to Punta Penia in Marmolada is a very beautiful itinerary that leads to the highest peak of the Dolomites, at an elevation of 3343 meters. It stretches within a tough and majestic environment offering landscapes of peeress beauty. A long and demanding excursion yet not particularly hard as far as its technical issues are concerned. The excursion takes place in an alpine environment with snow, ice and crevasses.

Via Ferrata Catinaccio d'Antermoia - Pozza di Fassa

The via ferrata Catinaccio d'Antermoia leads to the highest summit of the Catinaccio Range (Rosengarten) in the Dolomites of South Tyrol. It climbs up the east side of the mountain (Kesselkogel, 3002 meters), within a spectacular and evocative environment with a fun climb with a very suggestive section through the Vajolet Valley. A nice and highly rewarding itinerary that crosses spectacular ledges and offers incredible views on the main dolomite ranges and on the iced peaks of the Central and Eastern Alps.

External Links

Powrock

Via Ferrata in the Dolomites



Comments

No comments posted yet.