Viewing: 1-7 of 7
desainme

desainme - Jun 20, 2006 9:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Mt. Williamson

Seems like one of the hardest to climb of the Sierras. Good report and a good way to dedicate the trip.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jun 24, 2006 3:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Williamson Report

Thanks for your comment. Williamson is a tough climb. The closer to Shepherd Pass you can get to camp the better. But from Anvil Camp where we were, it's a long, long way to Williamson. Love your cat.

KathyW - Jun 29, 2006 1:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks for the report

Nice report and congrats on making the summit - when we did the trip last year the first weekend in July it really helped to get up to Shepherd Pass the first day instead of camping at Anvil Camp, but it was still a long day.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jun 30, 2006 4:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for the report

Kathy,
I responded to your comment, but it wasn't under "Reply" so you may not have noticed it. See my reply right under this entry.

Augie

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jun 29, 2006 8:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Williamson Report 06

Kathy,
Thanks for reading my report and thanks for your comment. Camping at The Pothole would have been the obvious compromise to camping at Anvil or the Pass. Good work in getting to the Pass in one fell swoop to camp on your trip! By the way, I noted from some source that you live in Redlands. That's where I grew up and still have lots of family. I wish you good hiking and climbing this summer and be safe. I was really shaken by Patty Rambert's fatal accident because she was such a careful outdoorswoman. So that's why I say, safety first!

Best regards,
Augie Medina

bechtt

bechtt - Jun 30, 2006 3:50 am - Hasn't voted

Nice report

Great report as always. Look forward to going out with you again soon.

Tom

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jun 30, 2006 4:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report

Thanks, Tom. Have fun on the San Antonio Ridge this week-end.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'BIG HORN SHEEP AND MAJESTIC MT. WILLIAMSON' main page