Birch Hollow Canyon Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Scott

Scott - Aug 24, 2022 7:57 pm Date Climbed: May 18, 2019

Birch Hollow  Sucess!

Kessler and I met seven others near the Birch Hollow Trailhead. It rained hard the night before, so we were unable to spot a car at the Orderville Trailhead. The road was very slick, but we made our way by vehicle to the Birch Hollow Trailhead.

The drainage got really muddy as soon as we set foot in the drainage. The canyon also had a flow of 1-2 CFS. Although it was muddy, it was a very enjoyable romp through a really nice canyon. The last part of the canyon was best and had several neat rappels. Most people did the mini-slot in Orderville Canyon as well, which had flowing water.

Since there was a lot of mud around, we decided not to do the Wild Wind Hollow exit and instead walked the road back to the trailhead on the main road.

vanman798

vanman798 - Mar 29, 2022 1:23 pm Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2010

Combined with Orderville and the Narrows  Sucess!

Aug 21, 2010 - Sharon Rogers, Caroline King, Cassy Brown, Josh Jones, Daniel Thrasher and I hiked/rappelled Birch Hallow Canyon ending up in Orderville Canyon, and finally into the Virgin River Narrows. Birch Hallow involved 10 rappels with one as long as 100 feet. There were at least 2 rappels in Orderville Canyon and several tricky spots. The Narrows were a beautiful hike to the Zions Shuttle at The Temple of Sinawava.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Birch Hollow Canyon' main page