Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Jun 15, 2016 3:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Not Burned

I am glad to see Mt. Hannah (or Boggs Lake, for that matter) did not get burned in the Valley Fire. Somehow, I thought the mountain was within the fire's perimeter. In my opinion, I think that is one of the prettiest spots in Lake County. My dad used to own a business on High Valley Road and when I would work for him, I would often pop over to Boggs Lake after work. Lots of memories in that neck of the woods.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Jun 16, 2016 4:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Not Burned

Hi Bubba. I live on the east side of Seigler Mtn.. Boggs and Cobb are mostly burnt out all over. I haven't been up there but loggers have been clearing away the burnt trees opening up views that didn't exist before. Boggs Lake was in full bloom and pretty wet with last seasons rain. I think Clear lake is full now too.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Jun 17, 2016 6:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Not Burned

If you are on the east side of Seigler, you must have been pretty close, if not in the fire line. How did you make out there?

Noondueler

Noondueler - Jun 17, 2016 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Not Burned

We were lucky because of living on a sort of hanging valley section that extends out into Big Canyon where the fire raged up on both side canyons north and south getting lots of houses including several friends. I stayed at a friends farm out Morgan Valley Road for 2 weeks. His place was severely threatened by the Rocky Fire earlier. I hiked Grizzly Peak across the road when I was there and it was toasted black with plenty of views as the impenetrable manzanita was burnt out. The famous bushwacking epic county high point "Little Blue Peak " is also no longer an epic.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Boggs Lake Ecological Reserve' main page