Bosque Protector/NW Ridge Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
ncst

ncst - Feb 6, 2010 10:02 am Date Climbed: Feb 1, 2010

Nice hike  Sucess!

I got a taxi (pick-up truck) from the highway, where the bus drives into Amaguaña. Got to the entrance for 6 USD, entrance fee was 10 USD. It was a great walk through the forest, then the párama onto the mirador. From there the biggest trail goes straight but I ended up at a wall. So I went down a bit and found a trail that goes to the wall towards the valley on the left. A jungle trail that took me towards a part where I could climb up the wall a few meters and onwards to the first false summit. I went down and climbed the second false summit, then noticed the true summit. Went down the standard route. Saw a hawk catching a rabbit, and three lamas. Lots of birds in the forest.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Oct 23, 2009 2:32 pm Date Climbed: Jan 13, 2007

Route Climbed: NW Ridge.  Sucess!

Jana (Czech) and I started hiking up from the Nature Preserve visitor´s center at 9:30 am. Good weather on the way up with great views of Antisana to the east. The other summits of Pasochoa were visible too and we made our way up to the true summit.

Easy hike with some areas of scrambling (3rd class). This route could get pretty nasty in rainy conditions.

Return by the Normal Route (Central Hidroelectrica).

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Bosque Protector/NW Ridge' main page