Brown Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
ywardhorner

ywardhorner - Sep 2, 2013 2:01 pm Date Climbed: Aug 30, 2013

Incredible Area  Sucess!

This is a truly spectacular place and the hike to the summit is easy. I'll be going back for sure to tag Crosby, Spar and Sniffel at the very least (though I'd like to know who named that beautiful peak "Sniffel" and why!). So many 12ers in a such a small area!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 26, 2010 9:49 pm Date Climbed: Jul 7, 2010

Redeemed myself  Sucess!

A serious thunderstorm turned me back just about 100' from the summit in 2007. This time, Tim and I started early in the day, climbing Chief Mountain first and then traversing to Brown and down to Kirwin, from where we walked 4 miles along the road back to our cars.

It was nice to actually tag Brown and see the views without having to run.

musicman82

musicman82 - Jul 12, 2010 10:35 pm Date Climbed: Jul 7, 2010

With Bob  Sucess!

Tagged this summit with Bob on our first day in Kirwin in 2010.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 19, 2007 11:28 am Date Climbed: Jul 7, 2007

False summit only

Honesty requires me as the page owner to note that I did not reach the true summit. As I scrambled through the fun Class 3 section beneath the false summit, the thunderstorm I'd been watching and admiring finally reached me. I made it my goal to at least tag the false summit, which I did. Then the hail started hitting me, lightning got closer, and thunder sounded like a rock concert. But I was able to see the true summit and study the way there. It would have required 5-10 more minutes of easy walking and less than 100' of elevation gain from the connecting saddle.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Brown Mountain' main page