Buena Vista Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
orbitor

orbitor - Apr 5, 2012 6:38 pm Date Climbed: Jul 2, 2009

From Mono Meadow via Buena Vista Lake  Sucess!

Bagged during a 5-day backpacking trip through Yosemite's Southern Lakes.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Oct 26, 2011 3:24 pm Date Climbed: Oct 17, 2011

From Chiquito Pass TH  Sucess!

A fun day over easy terrain, tagging five summits in the area. Trip Report

mrchad9

mrchad9 - May 9, 2010 3:32 am Date Climbed: Aug 31, 2003

Underrated Peak  Sucess!

This trip was motivated entirely by an aerial photo I had seen of Royal Arch Lake. In my opinion perhaps the most underrated peak in Yosemite. Super views in all directions, and had complete solitude on a Labor Day weekend, also my first solo overnight trip.

Started a three day trip on Friday and spent the second night at the lovely lake that motivated the trip. From Royal Arch Lake went up Buena Vista and all the way out to Wawona in a big haul the last day.

dabailey

dabailey - Sep 24, 2009 8:29 pm Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2009

Late Summer  Sucess!

This was the crown jewel of a 3 night trip through the park. 4 of us went. It was quite smokey throughout the park because of fires. We could barely make out half dome from this peak. If I had found this website before going I would have brought up a new registry. Pics are here.

SpiderSavage

SpiderSavage - Jun 29, 2009 10:14 pm Date Climbed: Jun 27, 2009

Early Summer  Sucess!

Easy ascent from the east ridge, from the trail. Well worth the trip for the views. Couldn't find the summit register this date. If you go up, please take a new one. Note: There is an interesting camp spot for one or two in a cave at the summit. Plenty of snow nearby for water.

ceeps - Jun 10, 2009 3:16 pm Date Climbed: May 30, 2009

Spring Summit  Sucess!

A group of five of us just made the hike on May 30th, 2009. We had to set up an emergency shelter about 1/2 a mile to the peak in order to weather out a lightning/hail/freezing rain storm that lasted about 4 hours. We had just about given up on the idea of getting up there when the storm finally broke and we saw blue sky above. We quickly decided to charge it and we were generously rewarded with an incredible view including the nasty backside of the storm that had just previously passed over us and the fresh layer of hail it had left everywhere in it's path. Getting up there wasn't too difficult. Crunchy frozen snow leading up the ridge to the base of the scramble. South facing slope of rock scramble completely free of snow. We couldn't find the skippy jar summit registry. There were a few patches of snow up there and perhaps it was somehow buried in one of them, but the 5 of us looked all over for about 10 minutes before giving up.

Steve Gardner - Feb 14, 2006 4:46 am Date Climbed: Feb 11, 2006

Winter Summit  Sucess!

Winter ascent on a warm day. Frozen semi-breakable crust on the way up from the lake but wonderful spring skiing on the back bowls.

fedak

fedak - Sep 29, 2003 11:55 pm

Route Climbed: North Face Date Climbed: 2003-Sep-07  Sucess!

Tried once in the spring but got turned around by the snowline. Very very wet.

Pics and trip report here



Tried again in September and was successful:

Pics and trip report here



Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Buena Vista Peak' main page