Viewing: 1-6 of 6
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Aug 9, 2009 8:31 pm - Voted 10/10

I can relate

I enjoyed reading your TR. I have done that bushwhack twice in both directions (so 4 times in all) to avoid both stream crossings. Both times I have sworn never to do it again and I was only wearing a daypack. I've also made the lower stream crossing in mid May (not recommended) on my way to Mt. Emmons so I can relate to what you went through. It also took me way longer to get to Deer Lake from the end of the bushwhack than I expected.

imontop

imontop - Aug 9, 2009 10:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I can relate

Thanks for the vote. I'm done with the TR now. I was very surprised at the ruggedness of the trail. I would have to say that it is the rockiest trail I've been on in the Uintas, and I've done 62 miles of the Highline. Great area though.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Aug 21, 2009 3:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report!

Looks like a great place!!

imontop

imontop - Aug 23, 2009 6:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report!

Thanks Bill. It is a great place. In hindsight, it was a good thing we didn't head up to the Winds as we had planned. He would have really got sick up there probably! I still want to get up there, but with the family, the Uintas are a great place, and only two hours away.

JDrake

JDrake - Aug 25, 2009 6:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Great attitude!

I feel your pain - I had to turn around a group of scouts short of King's summit because they just couldn't go anymore, but when you keep in mind the big picture of keeping everyone happy and healthy it makes sense. Nice report!

imontop

imontop - Aug 25, 2009 11:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great attitude!

Scouts. Quite the breed aren't they? Two years ago I got all of my group up except for two. And those two made it to Anderson Pass. They had never done anything like that before. I took them down the chute on the way back to Dollar Lake, and one of them accused me of attempted murder! If I wanted to murder them I would've taken the long way around. It was a good thing we took the shortcut, cuz as soon as we hit camp, it downpoured for two hours. I was thinking about them! Thanks for the comments man!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Bushwacking, altitude sickness, no summits and fish nirvana' main page