Camping below Iceberg Lake,...

Camping below Iceberg Lake,...

Camping below Iceberg Lake, March 2004
kovarpa
on Mar 11, 2004 11:24 pm
Image ID: 44919

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6

Zzyzx - Mar 16, 2004 1:08 am - Voted 10/10

You camped...

...quite a ways from the main route. I didn't even see your tent on the way up (maybe because we were going at night). Nice shot!

kovarpa

kovarpa - Mar 17, 2004 1:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You camped...

I didn't feel like making the ascent to Iceberg Lake with the heavy pack (I usually carry too much crap with me...) - was much easier do it in the morning... I see you plan on Shasta this weekend - I will be there too...

Zzyzx - Mar 17, 2004 9:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You camped...

Cool. See you then.

kovarpa

kovarpa - Mar 23, 2004 1:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You camped...

Haha, I saw you but you would not talk to me - I was on Casaval with the group of the guided people - my first and I guess last guided trip - just could not handle it (too many, too slow people...) - but I learned a few things so generally worth it...

Zzyzx - Mar 24, 2004 12:51 am - Voted 10/10

Re: You camped...

Hey man, sorry... I was looking for you when I met that group camping higher on the ridge. I didn't realize you were going with a guided group - not that there's anything wrong with it. I just thought after Whitney you were a big time mountaineer :))

SWS guides are cool, but I agree that some participants can get on your nerves. On my first Shasta trip we had people in the group who couldn't carry their own packs to the base camps - the guides had to do it for them.

See you next time!

photo61guy - Jun 12, 2004 6:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Another nice shot

:^)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6