Canary Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
jacobsmith

jacobsmith - May 21, 2013 6:04 pm Date Climbed: May 18, 2013

Good route  Sucess!

Probably the best route we climbed at Castle Rock, first pitch wasn't too bad, pulling the roof was easier than it looked from below. the second pitch is fairly simple if you are over 6 ft.

Laron

Laron - Aug 8, 2012 8:35 am

Canary coo coo cachoo  Sucess!

Finished off a Cascades climbing trip with this outstanding climb. Glad we did it.

SKI

SKI - Jul 18, 2011 12:18 am Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2011

Good Romp  Sucess!

A fun climb with very memorable moves. The start via "grey mare" is my personal recommendation. Save your ankles!

setrent - Jan 21, 2010 11:19 pm Date Climbed: Jun 19, 2003

A Classic!  Sucess!

This is a must do if around L-town. An excellent route with great moves!

baloodh2000

baloodh2000 - Jun 5, 2008 1:49 pm Date Climbed: May 28, 2008

What an awesome time!  Sucess!

The first pitch is great! Love the short move past the start of old gray mare to the fault to the right of it. I didn't' get my feet high enough on the move to saber ledge around the roof. Still got it though. Second pitch is absolutely brilliant start to finish. The airy move is so cool! The rest of the pitch is just classic washington granite. You get the feeling that you can just keep climbing forever past a couple of false top outs. Would love it if castlerock grew like 1000 more feet so this climb would keep going! I will write our congressman and see if they can pull that off!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Canary' main page