Cardiff Pass Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Feb 8, 2005 1:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

I don't know if you want to incorporate this info, but here's what TOPO! calculated for the route.



Distance: 2.29 mi (1-way)

Elevation Gain: +/-2,776'

vanman798

vanman798 - Oct 21, 2007 12:49 pm - Voted 7/10

Here are a few more details.

First I'm sure most people, like me, have no idea what the "Alta Guard Station" is. So, sincerely, I ask what is that?

When I went up to Cardiff Pass, I parked at the parking lot slightly east of and across the road from the building labeled Alta Lodge. The road at this point has a green highway mile marker "13" in it. Then I walked back (west) to the clearly labeled Town Hall building (the gray building with the police station in it), and from there I walked to the road that runs directly behind the Town Hall. I followed that road past the UDOT snow study plot (also clearly labeled), and it lead me up the mountain. Once I got to the end of this road, which felt like about a mile or so, I bushwhacked west (about 800 yards or so) until I was under the power lines. From there I followed the power lines north to the top of the saddle just below the little hut and antenna that sit on Cardiff pass.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Cardiff Pass' main page