Caspian Sea

Caspian Sea

Worlds biggest Lake!
Fereidoun Forghani
on Oct 16, 2007 2:21 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 348039

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
nader

nader - Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm - Voted 10/10

WOW

Which mountain top did you take this from?

Fereidoun Forghani

Fereidoun Forghani - Nov 20, 2007 2:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: WOW

This is the view of caspian sea from northern slopes of Samamous(3620).There are two things so special about Samamous.1:Its the closest summit above 3500m to the coast.2:You can see from Damavand to Sabalan!Almost all Gilan province and most of Mazandaran are seen either!!

nader

nader - Nov 21, 2007 10:58 am - Voted 10/10

Re: WOW

This is exactly the type of view I hoped to get from the summits of peaks such as Siyalan, Kalahoo & Veravasht (these peaks are in the 4000 m range but are farther away from the Caspian Sea than Samamous is). Unfortunately, clouds and haze blocked my view from the top of all of these peaks.

Hopefully I can one day climb Samamous.

Fereidoun Forghani

Fereidoun Forghani - Nov 22, 2007 5:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: WOW

Samamaous is wating for you then!Come visit her some time.Also there are other places arround with almost same type of view.I hope I can write Samamous page in the future.Not just a good summit,but also a great area.I call it Golden Triangel.Samamous is located between Javaherdeh,Eshkevar and Jannatrudbar!You should see the area.

nader

nader - Nov 22, 2007 7:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: WOW

If you have good pictures and info about Samamous, please make a page for it. If you don't have good pictures, you may want to climb it with the specific purpose of taking pictures and collecting detailed route info.

Fereidoun Forghani

Fereidoun Forghani - Nov 24, 2007 3:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: WOW

Sure.I will try to.just a little busy these days!But will sure do so some time.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6