Viewing: 1-2 of 2

StrangeAttractor - Feb 5, 2011 2:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Jerry Fuentes

In about 2006, I spent a night at the Rancho Arriba Bed and Breakfast in Truchas. In the early morning I met a couple of friends in front of the local hardware store. We were talking about how to get to the trail head when two men showed up with guns in a pickup. The driver identified himself as president of the Truchas Land grant. He told us that since we did not have "The blood of the ancestors" we were not permitted on the land grant, and that that land included the ground we were standing on, the road to the trail head, and the trail head itself. He also said that the peaks had been stolen from the land grant. We left without arguing.

Later I called the owner of the B&B and described the incident. He told me that the president of the land grant was Jerry Fuentes and that the truck/behavior/appearance that I described fit.

I think that Jerry is probably the man referred to in the "Vandalism" post above. I suspect that Jerry thinks of himself as Spanish rather than Native American.

climbinkendo - Feb 10, 2014 6:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Pretty Much

These entitled land grantees have done nothing to deserve ownership of this beautiful American wilderness, but their great great great granddaddies struck a deal, so they get to ignore the fact that they live in America. They think they're dictators, and they run off any gringos trying to enjoy the land. Just a bunch of racists, a la the hispanic ku klux klan.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Rio Quemado Trail' main page