Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Deb

Deb - Apr 28, 2005 7:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Uh.... can you give us some details and a few shots of the place? If the page is inwork and you plan on submitting photos, add a note to the page so no one votes goose eggs. Are you in the Navy?

Deb

Deb - May 2, 2005 12:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Asking if you're in the Navy is not an insult; just curious since you've been to alot of places the ships usually port - sorry....geeeez.

Anyway, yes the page is looking better, I know it is time consuming and tough when you haven't visited the mountain too often. Ciao

Deb

Deb - Sep 25, 2007 1:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Untitled Comment

Did you join the Navy yet? HAHA!
Yes, this page has matured very well. I like it better. Can you enlarge the pic that has flowers in it? When I squint just right it is a very pretty shot.

vanman798

vanman798 - Sep 25, 2007 6:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Pic Size

That is a great idea and I wish I have a bigger version of the pic, but I don't. When I enlarge it it doesn't look very good.

nartreb

nartreb - Apr 28, 2005 7:23 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

[april 2005:] The page is already improved - the links make a difference.

Edit Sept 2007: Reading the page now I have faith the info is sufficient to get me to and atop the mountain. Not yet a stellar page but good enough to get me to raise my vote.

vanman798

vanman798 - Sep 26, 2007 4:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

In your view, what might I do to make the Chirisan page into a "stellar" page?

nartreb

nartreb - Sep 26, 2007 9:49 pm - Voted 8/10

Re: Untitled Comment

This is now a good page. In the last day or two you've taken care of the most obvious remaining deficiency by integrating a judicious selection of photos into the main page, and I've bumped up my vote some more. To actually be "stellar", a page would have to
-have copious info on camping, transportation, and red tape
-Describe more than one route to the summit
- Link to a weather forecast (preferably in English)
- Describe the climate and conditions in various seasons
-Mention the history, legend, fauna, etc of the mountain. (Notice that Gurye.net requires several pages to cover that last category. You don't want to make your page too long either. The link to gurye.net you've provided goes a long way toward meeting this need already.)
-Ooze with firsthand experience and recommendations.

"Stellar" is obviously a high standard; my vote already reflects an evaluation of "excellent".

vanman798

vanman798 - Oct 1, 2007 1:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

I like the weather suggestion, and have added a section on that.

Thx

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Apr 29, 2005 3:32 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Information is very thin, but 2 stars for encouragement. To make this a good page a lot more work needs to be done: More info added, route information, coordinates of the peak and above all: As not many people know this mountain it is highly important you add photographs to this page!

CharlesD

CharlesD - Apr 29, 2005 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A definite improvement and I've upped my vote accordingly. Needs more photos as well as you know. The one photo you've got is gorgeous. Any chance there's a larger version out there?



Glad to see you meshing with the community. You had a bit of a rocky start ;-)

CharlesD

CharlesD - Apr 30, 2005 10:00 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Van,



Yes, possibly I'm a snob, but I've been on SP long enough to know a thing or two (as has mtwashingtonmonroe, by the way, despite his young age). We've had a rash of newbies lately who join up and immediately post half-a-dozen peaks with liitle or no information content to them. Then they go away leaving us to clean up the mess. Your initial behavior lead me and many others to conclude you were in the same boat and that's probably why everyone is being so bitchy. However, I see that you're working on your pages and have improved them greatly which takes you up a notch or two.



Anyway, great improvements and again, welcome to SP. Most of us here are good people, really, with a few caustic excpetions I'll let you discover on your own.



Charles

vanman798

vanman798 - Apr 30, 2005 9:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

CharlesD, I think I have come to an understanding about how things work on this site now. You input is much appreciated, and very useful. It's great to see that the members expect a certain level of excellence.



Cheers!

Ed F

Ed F - Apr 29, 2005 3:44 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Scant info, no photos. If this is a major peak in that part of Asia, surely there is more info available?

vanman798

vanman798 - May 2, 2005 12:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Sisyphus, thanks for your comments. I have spent many hours trying to get more information on Chiri-san, and it has been tough to find information in English. However, I was able to piece together a lot more information and add that to what I remember. I even found a page with a few pictures (to which I provided a link). Please let me know if you have more suggestions.



Thanks,



Van

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Apr 29, 2005 8:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looking a lot better! My only suggestion is that, if you have route info, add the route information onto its on page along the left tab. Great info though and have a good one! Happy trails!

-Britt

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - May 4, 2005 9:01 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Check out my new comments!

noserednancy

noserednancy - May 1, 2005 8:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I love all the awesome information you have provided about Chiri Mountain. When I was teaching English in Korea I climbed Halla Mountain and wanted to climb Chiri but couldn't find any information on it. Thanks for putting all this information together. You have made me want to go back to Korea!



I increased your vote to four stars now that that silly note is gone.



Nancy :p



Corax

Corax - Oct 10, 2005 4:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A lot has happened since I visited this page. Now it's full of valuable info, even though I would like to see some more photos.

McCannster

McCannster - Sep 25, 2007 5:52 pm - Voted 10/10

thumbs up

Looking pretty good.

birdny

birdny - Oct 5, 2007 11:36 am - Voted 10/10

Nice

I like the page, can always use more pics but they are hard to get if you're not there!!

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Chirisan (Mt. Jiri)' main page