Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 18, 2010 8:07 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks for posting this nice summit!

Hi Gabriele! I'm happy that someone finally posted again a mountain in Carnic Alps! I was several times ner Cima Avostanis, but never happened to jump on its top. So, it had to wait for you ;)
A suggestion. It's good to attach a page to the broader area page where it belongs. I did that already for this page. And also for pictures it's good to attach them to mountain, route and other pages. Otherwise later nobody will ever find them.

Cheers!
Vid

gabr1

gabr1 - Dec 18, 2010 1:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for posting this nice summit!

Thank you for the suggestions, i will try and find out how to make things work. But i see this is a very friendly community, so i'm sure there will be no lack of assistance when i will end up making some mistakes.
Gabriele

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 18, 2010 4:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks for posting this nice summit!

You can't do a mistake, Gabriele. The site is easy to use. The last version of the code has been running for years now without any substantial intervention of programmers. And the community is as all others - 90% very friendly, but also here you will find a few assholes ;)

Gabriele Roth

Gabriele Roth - Dec 18, 2010 8:19 am - Voted 10/10

ciao, bene arrivato !

per completare quanto detto da Vid ... c'è questa pagina che forse potrebbe esserti utile :)

gabr1

gabr1 - Dec 18, 2010 1:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ciao, bene arrivato !

Grazie mille omonimo,
adesso mi metto a studiare.
:-)

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jan 12, 2011 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Blaustein

The German name of Avostanis seems to be Blaustein (what my Tabacco map says). You should also use this name in the title as the Austrians certainly only know the mountain by that name. Also the coordinates are wrong. 46.60184 / 13.02179 should be correct. The map qoutes an elevation of 2193m.

gabr1

gabr1 - Jan 12, 2011 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Blaustein

I will correct the details right away. Thanks for making me notice. For the coordinates i used google earth, and looked for the highest point of the peak, but i guess it's not a good method.

gabr1

gabr1 - Jan 12, 2011 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Blaustein

Done :-) Thank you for noticing.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jan 13, 2011 3:53 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Blaustein

I think you use google earth with coordinates in the format

DDD° MM' SS'', but SP requires decimal input like dd,dddddd

Actually, it is easiest to use the little map you have on top of the edit tool. If you doubleclick on a position the correct google earth coordinates are automatically inserted in the input fields.

gabr1

gabr1 - Jan 13, 2011 5:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Blaustein

Ok, as a matter of fact i had noticed there was a difference in the layout of the coordinates, but i just thought maybe SP read coordinates without the commas.
well, now that i know i will use the the map embedded in the editor
Thanks again

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Cima Avostanis/Blaustein' main page