Viewing: 1-7 of 7
phatty

phatty - Aug 21, 2012 12:31 pm - Hasn't voted

water stash

Good idea to stash some water on the ridge for the way down. Sucks carrying extra weight up the ladder, but totally worth it on the way down! Glad you survived!

mariporlit

mariporlit - Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am - Hasn't voted

w0w!!!!

..and i like that r0ck formation...nice view..!!!

austinfarnworth

austinfarnworth - Aug 23, 2012 11:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: w0w!!!!

yeah There are allot amazing rock formations in Utah.

mariporlit

mariporlit - Aug 24, 2012 8:10 am - Hasn't voted

very nice!!!

that is great sir...here in the philippines,,in our climbs..we seldom find rock formation..it's more on trees along the way..but still we love it..it helped us to shed from the heat of the sun...

enyalid - Oct 7, 2012 3:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Recommended Water to carry

I learned on the first hike up there to carry at least 6 liters of liquid. The first time I was up there, I ran out of water and had to turn around before getting to the peak.

austinfarnworth

austinfarnworth - Oct 9, 2012 5:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Recommended Water to carry

Yeah the funny part is that whenever i have climbed any of the other peaks in the Wasatch iv'e always brought too much water and this happened to be the one mountain i didn't bring enough on. The next time I do Jacob's Ladder ill bring double that and stash half of it on the way up.

sandramhickey@yahoo.com

sandramhickey@yahoo.com - Jul 27, 2014 2:53 am - Hasn't voted

4 liters is enough in July

Just summited this last week and went through all 4 liters of the water I brought!! There was still some snow melt available to drink if you bring a filter, but I would not plan on getting water because it depends on the year and the temps! Beautiful hike and a breeze compared to Twin Peaks in July, that hike has so much scree it was much more challenging. I'll take Jacobs ladder any day compared to that:)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Climbing Lone Peak In The Brutal Heat Of The Summer' main page