Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Scott

Scott - Nov 1, 2017 10:25 am - Hasn't voted

Advertisment

This "trip report" is an advertisement and will likely be deleted soon unless it is edited to read less like an advertisement.

Prepare to feel the kind of push written about in Jon Krakauer books.

I don't know what routes you took up the volcanoes, but the ones I have taken were nothing compared to any of the routes in Krakauer books.

nixoriugis

nixoriugis - Nov 2, 2017 1:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Advertisment

I hope the author did not mean to make an advertisement, because he has some nice pictures to make a really nice trip report.
So, to the author, please edit it to reflect your trip. You seem to have a great story to tell!

dandelioniii - Nov 2, 2017 5:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Advertisment

Not an advertisement at all- I paid full price for this trip and was not asked by anyone to write it. This is a dangerous trip and selection of the guide is critical, and I want to make sure everyone knows how I felt about the company I went with...

I hope you get a chance to do this!

Scott

Scott - Nov 2, 2017 10:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Advertisment

Friendly hint:

If your only intention is to write a guide service review, it needs to go here (or on the forum as well):

Guide Service Reviews

It is perfectly OK to mention, praise, or thank your guide service in a trip report, but just don't make it sound like an advertisement.

Great photos by the way.

This is a dangerous trip

It is only dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, have altitude problems, or make a serious mistake. The Mexican Volcanoes are some of the easiest and safest (with the exception of Popo of course!) high altitude mountains in the world. That doesn't mean they aren't to be respected. These mountains have taken lives.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Climbing the Mexican Trilogy - Orizaba, Izta and Malinche' main page