Collected "Best" Picture Albums

North America/South America/Africa/Europe/Asia/Oceana/Antarctica/Other
Page Type Page Type: List
Sign the Climber's Log

Collections of Best Photos on SP (and One Worst!)

SP has some wonderful photography. You can press the "Images" link on the top toolbar and see them, rank-ordered by voting. However, that isn't enough to satisfy a few folks who've developed their own "best" albums and custom objects to highlight certain images they enjoy. Some of these are personal favorites, others are favorites for some particular subject where the quality of the image was the primary factor for entrée into the album. These are the collections of best photos on SP (and one worst!). I have chosen to not include personal favorite collections of one's own images (e.g., "My Favorite Pictures I've Taken"). The listing is categorized, but otherwise in no particular order.

GENERAL COLLECTIONS

   o Top 100 Photos and Best Photographers on SP

A frequently updated album that produces virtually the same results as pressing the "Image" button, but highlighting the photographers themselves, and providing larger thumbnail images.

   o My Best Five Photos

An album where each SP member is invited to contribute their five best photos. Decision of "best" is by that SP member, and not necessarily a reflection of voting results. It is an opportunity for each SP member to give more exposure to what he considers his best work.

   o #1 Photo

An album where each SP member is asked to attach his highest rated image (or, if that image was Photo of the Week, his next highest rated image).

   o I Thought My Best Photo Was …

An opportunity for SP members to promote one favored image that isn't the highest voted one in their contributions.

   o My SP Favorites

A 10 vote from Bbirtle is rare indeed. These are the photos that have been so recognized.

   o Views to Keep in Mind from 2006

A collection of photos from SP members of memorable views during their 2006 adventures.

   o Views to Keep in Mind from 2007

A collection of photos from SP members of memorable views during their 2007 adventures.

   o Your Favorite Photos of 2005

A collection of as many as five photos from each contributor which he believes is his best work in 2005.

   o Your Favorite Photos of 2006

A collection of as many as five photos from each contributor which he believes is his best work in 2006.

   o Your Favourite Photo of 2007

A collection of one photo from each contributor which he believes is his best work in 2007.

   o Worth Another Look

An occasionally updated collection of images that take one from the task at hand to some other, better place--worth another look, as it were. Images on this page are not presented in vote result order, and are shuffled every once in a while.

   o Worth Another Look II

As with Worth Another Look above, this is a collection of images presented in a shuffled (not voting score) order. This second volume helps improve the download time for dial-up users.

NICHE COLLECTIONS

   o Your One Best Olympic National Park Photo

SP members are encouraged to add there one best photo from Olympic National Park to this collection.

   o Your one best Grand Canyon National Park photo

SP members are encouraged to add there one best photo from Grand Canyon National Park to this collection.

   o Your One best Yellowstone National Park photo

SP members are encouraged to add there one best photo from Yellowstone National Park to this collection.

   o Your One Best Yosemite National Park photo

SP members are encouraged to add there one best photo from Yosemite National Park to this collection.

   o Idaho's Best

SP members are encouraged to add one to three of their best mountain, wildlife and flora images taken in Idaho.

   o Your Best Pacific Northwest Photos

A collection where SP members are asked to contribute their four or five best images of the Pacific Northwest.

   o The Top 10 Images

A collection of the top 10 images in several categories including scenery, wildlife, California and Colorado.

   o Best of the Bitterroots

A collection of favored images from the Bitterroot Mountains.

   o Best of the Beaverheads

A collection of favored images from the Beaverhead Mountains.

   o Funniest User Profile Images

Not necessarily great photography, but these are generally recognized as some of the funniest user profile images (and past user profile images) on SP.

ALONG WITH THE GOOD ...

   o 10 Worst Rated Pictures

Along with the good comes the bad, and these are the worst of the lot.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
jfrishmanIII

jfrishmanIII - Feb 1, 2007 6:33 pm - Hasn't voted

One more

One more that I know of: Idaho's Best. http://www.summitpost.org/album/261471/idaho-s-best.html

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Feb 1, 2007 7:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: One more

Thanks, JfrishmanIII, I've added it. I'm certain there are more, which is one reason I created this list to begin with. --mark d.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2