Viewing: 1-7 of 7
McCannster

McCannster - Oct 10, 2006 9:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome

That is so cool. You'd get the cops called on you if you did that in the US.

Sebastian Hamm

Sebastian Hamm - Oct 11, 2006 7:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Why? Do you destroy something while climbing?!?

Or do you climb like Alain Robert?

McCannster

McCannster - Oct 11, 2006 9:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Awesome

Nah, its just how people would react in the US. They see a couple people climbing on a bridge and they'd flip out.

Sebastian Hamm

Sebastian Hamm - Oct 12, 2006 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

It´s a pity. There are so many places to climb in a city. Like harbor-bridge Sydney. Sebastian

schmid_th

schmid_th - Oct 11, 2006 12:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Good side!

Good city rock side! Well done!

Thomas

Sebastian Hamm

Sebastian Hamm - Oct 11, 2006 1:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good side!

Thanks you.

Snap

Snap - Mar 23, 2018 10:12 am - Hasn't voted

Queries

For those of you wanting to climb here, there are some rules you are meant to follow, apparently. You are supposed to fill out an online form before climbing, and you are only meant to climb here between the months of March and October, and not at night (basically no climbing here during winter months or after dark).

This is the form you are meant to fill out before climbing. I believe it's a one time procedure, that is, fill it out once and you can climb here as many times as you like without needing to do it again. The first time we climbed here we didn't know about it, nor did we know about the rule about not climbing during winter months, so we ended up climbing at the beginning of November without signing the form. Nobody approached us to ask about whether or not we had done it, or to tell us that we weren't supposed to be climbing there at that time of the year. You should probably still fill out the form though, just in-case. It only takes 5 minutes. They send you an email after you've filled it in that you can just show to anyone if they ask you while you are climbing.

Link to online form: https://www.dav-koeln.de/cgi-bin/hzb_anm1.cgi

Note: If the link breaks over time, you can find the form on the Deutscher Alpenverein website.

Cheers,

K

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Cologne - Hohenzollernbruecke (climbing area)' main page