Viewing: 1-10 of 10
rpc

rpc - Aug 26, 2009 12:27 pm - Voted 10/10

awesome page Marc!

would love to check out that place one of these springs :) cheers.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: awesome page Marc!

Thank you so much, Radek. The climbs here are all one pitch deals. I'm afraid they may be a little boring for you. But, the mountain views just can't be beat.
BTW, I couldn't get the image of your story out of my mind last night, especially after seeing the diagram of where she fell from, and how close to you it was for you to grab that 20$ bill in the air. Didn't get much sleep. I'm better today. Trying not think about her and her family. Like Dow said, you get out on the rocks often enough, sooner or later you may see something like this.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Aug 26, 2009 1:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Great idea, Marc

Mountain pages that float around without a parent page are not that useful unless someone specifically looks for the peak, and when you don't know what's there, well...

This page looks like a great resource for people like me who know about the Buttermilks but wouldn't know where to start, and for people who don't know of them at all.

Thanks for putting in the effort.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 26, 2009 3:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great idea, Marc

Thank you Bob,
I totally agree with your rationale for making an "Area" page. I was waiting to have enough material to make a page like this possible. This page is by no means complete, and I have left room for future improvement.
Thank you for your approval and support, Bob,
Happy climbing,
Marc

Dave Dinnell

Dave Dinnell - Sep 4, 2009 2:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Well Done, Marc

Love it. This page could be attached/linked with Bob Burd's Sierra page as the parent page as well as to Matthew's Eastern Sierra Logistical page. Great job.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 4, 2009 7:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well Done, Marc

Thanks, Dave. Glad you like it.
Good suggestion, I'll look into it.

imontop

imontop - Sep 10, 2009 11:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

I really like this page Marc, even though I don't climb. This place looks alot like the City of Rocks in southern Idaho. Great pictures of those Eastern Sierras!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 11, 2009 12:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thank you, Eric,
My wife and I love this area. We have been going there for the past twenty years and you never run out of places to explore. The views of the Sierras change as you find new formations.
Thanks for the visit, Eric.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - May 9, 2010 9:48 am - Voted 10/10

Coordinates

Can you plot this on the map?

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 9, 2010 10:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Coordinates

I wish I knew how. Dealing with maps is one area I've not been able to learn. I know that's your specialty.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Crags of The Buttermilks Area' main page