Dakooh-Amirkhani6

Dakooh-Amirkhani6

View of Piteghar peak from Balandeh village.
Fereidoun Forghani
on Feb 11, 2008 3:24 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 380204

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
nader

nader - Feb 12, 2008 10:11 am - Voted 10/10

East & West

I suppose these are the west slopes of Dakooh. You can click on the link below to see what looks like the eastern slopes of Dakooh (the picture was taken by SP member Nomad).

click here

I think the high points on the left side of the linked picture are Kalahoo & Ghobi. The lower peaks on the descending ridgeline on the right must be Dakooh.

Fereidoun Forghani

Fereidoun Forghani - Feb 12, 2008 1:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: East & West

Dakooh peak(in your map its called Dakooh) is called Zardeker(the great&the small) and in the right side of the photo its eastern slopes start. Look at your map, beside Kianeshinan on the west just a few meters from it is the place of Balandeh village. Its almost parallel with Shahrashid peak. The photo is taken from Balandeh, Balandeh is located in the north east of Zardeker peak, so...
The western slopes of Zardeker(Dakooh) continue to Shahrashid peak.

nader

nader - Feb 12, 2008 5:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: East & West

Well, I have not been there and it is hard for me to say what is what from just a picture but from what you have told me so far, I have come to think that this might be the north slopes of Kalahoo Peak. I have climbed Kalahoo from the south but I have never seen its north face.

In any case, this is heaven. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait until I get there and climb all of these peaks :)

Duh!, I now see that you call this peak Piteghar. That is the same peak as Kalahoo (my 1:50 000 map calls it Piteghar but all of the mountain climbing maps call it Kalahoo)

Fereidoun Forghani

Fereidoun Forghani - Feb 13, 2008 8:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: East & West

Thank God!!!!
So Kalahoo is Piteghar? Strange. I didnt know that. Think everything fits now.
Regards

nader

nader - Feb 12, 2008 5:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Mirror

Here is the south face of Kalahoo:

Click Here

You can see it is the mirror image of the above picture.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5