DAMAVAND NE

DAMAVAND NE

A very nice view from NE route .The picture is taken in the altitude of 5100m toward summit.One of the steep and semi-technical parts of the route containing mix climb on the steep glacier and rock. be careful about loose rocks that may fall off while hauling on them.plus breath fast and enough before and after crux parts because feeling dizzy is the last thing that you would want on this part of the route! ! !.
bijan_tango
on Jul 13, 2007 2:49 pm
Image ID: 311585

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Deb

Deb - Sep 10, 2007 4:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Route?

Are you talking about the steep snow/ice on the far left of the picture? Looks rather intimidating!

bijan_tango

bijan_tango - Sep 10, 2007 5:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Route?

NO. that would be the YAKHAR route which is a technical route with some really mean rock falls!! actually when you get closer to that part you would feel like you are hearing some sort of a gun fire or something. i'm talking about a semi technical part which you'll have to traverse a steep snow pack(in begining of the summer season) and a all year round snow pack with rock hard ice below it to get to the north ridge. both of them are pretty steep (40-60 degrees)the main route in this picture is not the far left but more to the right.to get the actuall route you might wanna check out google earth with and angled view..
and by the way it's nice to hear from you deb :) i checked out your new pictures and i can tell that you guys are having fun!! so keep it up!!!
bijan

Viewing: 1-2 of 2