DEB Climbers

DEB Climbers

2 climbers topping out on the Direct East Buttress (?) of SEWS. Photo taken from the summit of NEWS.
Martin Cash
on Jul 17, 2006 3:20 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 208088

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
rpc

rpc - Jul 17, 2006 3:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice - very nice!!

Any shot with tiny climbers and big ass rock/mountain = GREAT!

How did ya like the line? Did you get on DEB?

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Jul 17, 2006 4:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice - very nice!!

Thanks man. Northwest Corner was OK. Pitch 2 was great though. Nope, we didn't do DEB. Will have to give a go next time.

BTW, the second rap used almost every foot of our 70 meter rope to reach the next station. Not sure how you guys did it with a single 60. You might want to revise your descent info to be double ropes or a 70 meter. Maybe there was something we missed, but I don't think so.

Cheers.

NYC007

NYC007 - Jul 17, 2006 5:23 pm - Hasn't voted

DEB

yup looks like DEB finish unless passenger or inferno top out there but I didnt think they did.

clintcummins

clintcummins - Jan 30, 2007 10:35 pm - Hasn't voted

DEB 7/15/06

Wow, Martin, thanks for sharing that nice photo. I was looking through summitpost.org photos for a slideshow, and noticed your photo is of me and my partner Steph Abegg, topping out on the DEB as you suggested! It's amazing what you can find on the web!

See the reciprocal photo of Martin + Bruce on NEWS

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Jan 30, 2007 11:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: DEB 7/15/06

Hi Clint,

Glad you like the photo. Feel free to add the original high resolution photo to your collection if you like. A fun day out in the hills.

BTW, I love your Index guidebook from years ago. Thanks for continuing to host it on your website and make it available to climbers. I still use your topos with new routes and notes on them.

Cheers,
Martin

clintcummins

clintcummins - Jan 31, 2007 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

cool connection

Martin, thanks for your permission to take a copy of your nice photo. We added a photo of you and Bruce on the NEWS summit, too. That was an aweseome day and summer of the best weather in 40 years!

Thanks also for your kind words about the Index guidebook. That was a really fun project, and it's good to hear that it's still useful! I recently added complete list of (1993) routes by type to that page, and I'll add a few more of the original topos this winter.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6