Deer Creek trail Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Feb 8, 2005 2:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

I don't know if you want to incorporate this info, but here's what TOPO! calculated for the route.



Distance: 4.52 mi (1-way)

Elevation Gain: +4,581'



P.S. I have done both the Deer Creek and Dry Creek Trails, as well as the N Ridge & South Slopes. Perhaps you should change the name of this route to N Ridge and put Deer Creek Trail as the approach. I could give you any needed info for Dry Creek. If not I'll just add a Dry Creek route for the N Ridge.



I'll also add the South Slopes w/ the Dry Creek approach soon.

MAero - Jun 9, 2013 9:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Possible Dry Creek shortcut

After losing the north ridge trail, my partner and I bushwhacked down the slope just to the west of the normal route. We ended up on a grassy bench below the slope and found a faint trail that took us to the Box Elder trail's final switchback. It would potentially be a good shortcut for climbers ascending the north ridge via Dry Creek, but it would be tougher to find on the way up (it was easy to follow as seen from above).

Since we were on the way down we did not follow the trail all the way to the normal north ridge route further east, but in aerial views it pretty clearly connects.

Topo
Aerial view

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Deer Creek trail' main page