Viewing: 1-15 of 15
BLong

BLong - Dec 2, 2009 12:44 am - Hasn't voted

Sounds awesome

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a good trip.

mvs

mvs - Dec 2, 2009 2:35 am - Voted 10/10

Good job!

Way to go tacklin' those peaks! I really liked those Cougar Mountain trails like Shy Bear for winter and spring quick hikes. As you get stronger keep going east...first (big) Si, Bandera, Defiance, etc. Thanks for sharing your story!

lisae

lisae - Dec 2, 2009 3:06 am - Voted 10/10

Good work!

Have fun!

Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Dec 2, 2009 11:31 am - Voted 10/10

Bravo!!

Great job, just keep going. I really enjoyed your Life (Trip) Report!!!

All my best,

Steve

rpc

rpc - Dec 2, 2009 6:03 pm - Voted 10/10

hey good for you!

nice write up & I found this part funny: "EastKing (my husband) has written many trip reports, and although I might have issues with his punctuation or grammar"
Cheers!

EastKing

EastKing - Dec 3, 2009 12:01 am - Voted 10/10

I'm proud of you Bear!!

It is awesome to see you writing and hiking. It is also great to have the chance to spend quality time with you on many of those hikes. I missed I cute hiking buddy when I was doing the big guys. A part of me was going up the big guys not only to motivate myself but to show you that you could do it too. Your writing is terrific and in two to three years you will be standing on something you can't even imagine now. It is a beautiful world out there and there no better place to see that than nature and the summit. Keep it up!!

Love,

EK

Princess Buttercup

Princess Buttercup - Dec 6, 2009 9:18 am - Hasn't voted

Welcome to the new chapter in your life!

BearQueen, thank you so much for sharing this amazing point in your life with all of us. I didn't have 100 pounds to lose, I had 70-80, and all the sweating on the uphills is worth it. You have overcome the inertia of the first steps, and kept it going. That is a strength that few have. Hope to read many more reports from you in the future!
-Laura

wildstar

wildstar - Dec 6, 2009 4:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

I am so proud of you for getting back in the mountains! I too live with chronic pain (MS related stuff). I find that even though I now struggle more than I ever have with my climbing (not to mention life) I still go when I can and find it very healing while being challenging.

Peace,

Jon

mfox79

mfox79 - Dec 6, 2009 6:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Job

Thanks for the wonderful trip report, After having my spine fused in four places and gaining 85+ pounds I also received many looks on the trail and in the gym, keep up the good work and all will work itself out. thanks for sharing,
-Mike

kamil

kamil - Dec 6, 2009 10:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Go on girl!

What an inspirational story! Each and every next peak will get easier for you. You're one badass girl.
All the best!
Kamil

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Dec 7, 2009 10:55 am - Voted 10/10

catharsis

Best wishes in overcoming your medical issues.

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Dec 9, 2009 9:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Very inspiring

Thank you for sharing your story. Your courage is an inspiration to all of us!

ridgeguy

ridgeguy - Dec 10, 2009 2:38 am - Hasn't voted

People get better

You rock. FYI....the people on those trails suck anyway. I was always shocked at the responses from people when hiking trails in the lower I-90 corridor. You say hi and it was like you were in downtown Seattle...nothing but a smug look. Once you hike some less popular trails a bit further back in the hills, you might be surprised about the improved greetings i.e. eye contact, a smile and a warm hello.

Biglew

Biglew - Dec 13, 2009 1:29 am - Hasn't voted

Biglew

Speaking as one who's wife encountered the same situation as yourself, and not grappling with it at the time, her outlook is pretty bleak. She's nearly bedfast, and in pain all the time. She has fibromyalgia, along with several other issues, and I know that a lot of her present problems could have been mitigated by doing things such as you're doing. I like your turn of phrase, your pics, and especially your determination to help yourself. Besides, look at all the beautiful scenes you get to see in the process. You go girl.

BearQueen

BearQueen - Jan 30, 2010 5:34 am - Hasn't voted

Thank you very much!

Thank you everyone for all the support you have given me. I keep many of you quotes near to me as I am battling my health issues. My husband is keeping me honest. I am sure some of you have noticed that I am continuing my journey tackling summits and my health issues. Thanks to all for your support.

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Return to 'Defying My Illness-A November Wake Up To The Mountains' main page