Detail from the Ohrid town...

Detail from the Ohrid town...

Detail from the Ohrid town street. Beside amazing history Ohrid has its own special architecture where each upper floor is wider than the one below. In the old town also mixed are western and oriental architectural influences. It is no wonder why Ohrid is protected as World Heritage by UNESCO. When coming to this part of Macedonia it is best to make a base in Ohrid and from here explore the area and climb the mountains.

Photo: Aleksandar Gospic
Velebit
on Sep 17, 2004 10:10 am
Image ID: 70019

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
wuedesau

wuedesau - Sep 17, 2004 11:57 am - Voted 10/10

0 points

Well, two persons rated this photo with 0 points. Now you see the difference: this is a masterpiece of culture, a world heritage and not a restaurant somewhere in the Sierra!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Sep 17, 2004 2:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: 0 points

I agree with Klaus and am contributing my 4 points. But - how do you know that there were 2 persons, giving 0 points? The distribution could be different. Or you see somewhere the log?

Velebit

Velebit - Sep 17, 2004 3:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: 0 points

Well this is always point of discussion on this site. I like my pages to provide full information one needs to visit a place. Personally I like to see how towns and places around mountains I plan to visit look like, not just a mountain. It is strange that some people find this kind of info unfit for SP. I don't usually put town photos on my pages but this is special situation because of two reasons: first Ohrid is protected as world heritage and is very special place and secondly some people might think, without such photos, that Macedonia is some wild undeveloped third world country. These shots here are to inform that this is civilized and beautiful place to visit.

wuedesau

wuedesau - Sep 18, 2004 2:32 am - Voted 10/10

Re: 0 points

When I saw it, there have been only two votes

Viewing: 1-4 of 4