Devil's Eye Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 15, 2009 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

On a related note

Here is another cool arch that you may already know about. Click Here

Storm Window Arch is located below Lone Peak. It is low elevation so you can hike to it in winter or when the weather isn’t good in the high mountains.

I added a link and info about Devil's Eye on the Wasatch Range (South) page.

kteichert

kteichert - Oct 15, 2009 4:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: On a related note

Thank you so much mountaingazelle for posting that information. I have never seen Storm Window Arch. I'll definitely have to get up there soon. I appreciate it very much.

EJBean

EJBean - Oct 19, 2009 2:50 am - Hasn't voted

More Devil's Eye pictures

You said Devil's Eye can be seen from 3 places in AF canyon. I know of 2 - a little turnout a mile from Timp Cave TH and the upper parking lot where they close the road in the winter. Where's the third? Here are links to 2 more Devil's Eye pictures on Summitpost. I also linked my Devil's Eye pic to your page.
http://www.summitpost.org/image/198174//approach-from-af-canyon-side.html
http://www.summitpost.org/image/196137/188406/devils-eye-ut-county-wasatch.html

kteichert

kteichert - Oct 20, 2009 3:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: More Devil's Eye pictures

The third isn't extremely visited, and not as easy as the two you mentioned. I found it the other day while going to Mahogany via the Timpooneke Road. There is a spot on that bumpy ol' road where Devil's Eye is visible. Thanks so much for the links to the pics and contributing to the page. Greatly appreciated.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Devil's Eye' main page