Dom hut Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
teochristopoulos

teochristopoulos - Mar 26, 2007 12:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice hut

I visited DomHutte in August 2006 to climb Dom. Unfortunatelly the weather was not good and we had no more days. This is the best hut I'have ever been, the couple running the hut are very nice people. Although we cooked our meal outside they said to us to come inside and eat. The guy who runs the hut also told us to fill our bottles from the source outside, because in the morning gets frozen, so we had to buy bottled (and expensive) water from the hut. This is not a typical behaviour in Switzerland, where everything is about money.
We really liked the whole design of the hut, the architect should be a genious I think.
I hope the next time I'll visit the place I'll be more lucky to climb the nearby mountains as well.

schmid_th

schmid_th - Mar 26, 2007 1:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice hut

Thanks for your info! Not all who runs a hut are friendly in the same way. So there are huts which we like more because of the people there.
I wish you more luck for the next time there.
Cheers, Thomas

teochristopoulos

teochristopoulos - Mar 26, 2007 9:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice hut

I think that seeing nice people is as important as being on nice places. I will add some pics from the hut when I find them.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Dom hut' main page