Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Ryan Kowalski

Ryan Kowalski - Jun 8, 2010 1:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Bad Snow!

I was up there to do Snow Lion the day before and came to the same conclusion as you that the snow was not safe. That wet slide was not there on the day I visited so it looks like I made the right decision! It's always tough to turn around after making the approach. I actually found the bridge crossing the creek but it sounds like many have difficulty doing so.

maverick

maverick - Jun 8, 2010 1:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bad Snow!

Snow Lion was our initial plan too but the snow surface was getting wet as early as 7:30AM. Any description of where you found the bridge would be much appreciated. Thanks for the comment.

Ryan Kowalski

Ryan Kowalski - Jun 8, 2010 5:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bad Snow!

Unless we get some deep freezes I'm probably going to stay out of the IPW snow climbs this year...kind of a bummer. As for the bridge, I followed another set of tracks that followed the summer trail pretty well but evenetually led to the creek where no bridge could be seen. Thankfully just around the bend below me I spotted the handrail. Above the bridge the trees are far less thick so I'd aim high. Also I traversed the bottom of a series of rock ledges which led me to the bridge pretty easily. Interestingly enough the person who's tracks I followed turned around at the creek and came back and he/she was so close.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Dragon’s Tail (06-05) and IPW tour (06-06)' main page