Dwernik-Kamień (1004 m n.p.m.)

Dwernik-Kamień (1004 m n.p.m.)

Page Type Page Type: Album

After 50 years of hiking in Bieszczady Mountains, this was the first time ever that my wife and I have decided to hike Dwernik-Kamień (1004 m). Our goal was its rocky sandstone summit, which has great scenery in all directions. You can see the north slopes of almost all major peaks located in Bieszczady National Park, starting from Tarnica, Szeroki Wierch, Rawki, Połoniny to Smerek and Jasło. We do not know of any other place where the view of all of these peaks would be so wonderful. All of the slopes of Dwernik-Kamień are covered with forests, but the summit has an opening, which enables for great views. We reached the summit, which is a nature preserve, via the "red" trail.

The trees are mostly beech and larch, but also some 70 year old spruce that are younger than me. The forests of Dwernik-Kamień are favored by bears. That is why there is sign with a stern warning for hikers about bears present. More often though, one can spot Carpathian deer here especially during rutting season.

Wonderful trip, great memories!

The Bieszczady Mountains – Dwernik Kamień (1004 m) ­­­- October 01,2019.

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Comments

No comments posted yet.