Eagle Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

CodyD23 - Sep 2, 2015 12:59 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2015

Eagle Mountain  Sucess!

Eagle Mountain was really fun to climb. I took a friend out there and it was his first time in the Wichita's. From the parking area we just walked straight through the trees then across a dry creek and headed to the right side of the mountain because it looked easier to climb (Just out there for fun not looking for a difficult route to the top). Once we got through some more trees we just started climbing up, it was pretty easy to route find and was very fun. Took about an hour and a half to reach the summit and it was crazy hot outside. We took a long break at the top and then headed down the opposite side that we ascended. From the summit we would see pond and about a 40 or 50ft? hight cliff that we wanted to see on the way back to the car. Everything went pretty well until the last 20 feet when we got back into the trees and ran into a bunch on thorns/vines. After we got through there we walked around the water and got the the top of the cliff area and walked back to the car. It was a few hours but the heat really drained us. overall it was a great climb and I plan on going back when it is colder outside!

splandswest

splandswest - Oct 7, 2008 7:53 am Date Climbed: Oct 5, 2008

Eagle Summit  Sucess!

Climbed by Ben West, David Parker, and myself. The actual summit is somewhat illusive until you are almost on the top of the mountain. Class 2, Class 3 depending on the actual route.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Eagle Mountain' main page