Easter Island Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Buz Groshong

Buz Groshong - Mar 10, 2006 9:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page!

Great page! Thanks for posting it.

Andino

Andino - Nov 1, 2006 8:13 am - Voted 10/10

How many days ?

Hello Scott,

Wonderful page indeed !

- How many days would you suggest to have enough time to visit the whole island ?
I heard that 3 full days is good (+ time to travel).

- I also heard that visiting the island by bike is a great way, but bike rental is apparently expensive. Do you confirm ?

Thanks in advance ;o)

Scott

Scott - Nov 1, 2006 3:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: How many days ?

Three days is a bit short if you want to see everything and especially if you plan on climbing the peaks as well (at least 4-5 are worth hiking to the top of, but all are small). I believe we spent four, but since flights are only twice a week, you are tied to that scedule.

Since I had two small children with me, we never checked into renting a bike, but it would be a great place for it.

Andino

Andino - Nov 2, 2006 8:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: How many days ?

Thanks for the advice ;o)

Ski Mountaineer

Ski Mountaineer - Jul 15, 2007 7:56 am - Hasn't voted

Easter Island...

...was - ASAIK, my knowledge is limited compared to other Chilean regions - one of the example of the almost complete destruction of a eco system, likely by mankind. My fascination for the place is about as high as for cut-down Brazilian forrests.
Do you know more about that? Would be interesting.

Thanks,
T.A.

Scott

Scott - Jul 16, 2007 9:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Easter Island...

...was - ASAIK, my knowledge is limited compared to other Chilean regions - one of the example of the almost complete destruction of a eco system, likely by mankind. My fascination for the place is about as high as for cut-down Brazilian forrests. Do you know more about that? Would be interesting.

Yes, the eco-system was destoyed hundreds of years ago. After the island was settled, they made the mistake of cutting down the trees and then they could never leave the island. The only native trees or brush left survive in the crater of Rano Kau.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Easter Island' main page